Premium Kvarner Bay Island Hopping Tour
On this great island hopping itinerary you’ll embark on a journey around the picturesque Northern Dalmatian coast. During the day you will be swimming in the blue seas, soaking up the sun, enjoying a cold beer and simply relaxing. Every evening your boat will port in a different beautiful Croatian town to explore the rich history, local food and great atmosphere. From swimming in the blue seas of the Adriatic to the natural and historical wonders of Croatia, this route offers an unforgettable holiday.
Saturday OPATIJA – KRK ISLAND
After lunch at 1pm your boat sets sail to Krk Island for a week long Croatia island hopping holiday. Krk is the biggest Croatian island full of a variety of hidden beaches, coves and scattered with small villages, in harmony with its beautiful nature. In the evening you get a chance to explore this gorgeous town and its nice cafes and restaurants alongside waterfront. First night is spent in Krk Island.
Sunday KRK ISLAND – RAB ISLAND
Next stop is Rab Island, also known as, “the island of love”. It’s a beautiful island with medieval walls surrounding its Roman churches, palaces and cobbled streets. We highly recommend you to try the famous “Rapska torta” which is a local cake. You can also walk up to the Kamenjak Hill and watch the sunset for a beautiful end to a beautiful day. The night is spent in this island.
On the third day our destination is Zadar. Zadar is one of the bigger cities in Croatia and for centuries it was the metropolis of Dalmatia. In this picturesque city you can see a Roman forum dating back to the 1st centrury and the church of St. Donatus built in the 9th century, which also happens to be the symbol of the city. You can try one of the many restaurants in the city centre and watch the amazing light show “The Greeting to the Sun”. It is breathtaking.
Tuesday ZADAR – MOLAT ISLAND or OLIB
Today’s stop is either Molat or Olib Island depending on port space availability. Both islands offer peace and tranquillity. A day of total relaxation.
After a stop at Ilovik – nicknamed the island of flowers – we arraive at Lošinj island. Lošinj is famous for the pine trees which blanket the island and its crystal clear waters. Just as most of the Dalmatian islands, Lošinj also has a nickname: “sunshine island”. You can visit the Lošinj Aromatic Garden and walk around the town of Veli Lošinj. Night is spent in Mali Lošinj.
Thursday LOŠINJ ISLAND – CRES ISLAND
Our next stop is Cres Island. This green island is blanketed with beech, oak and pine forests as well as olive trees and vineyards. It used to be connected to Mali Lošinj but a channel dug by the Romans separates the two islands. You will spend the night in the beautiful medieval town of Cres.
After breakfast we set sail for Opatija. Stroll along the famous Franz Joseph promenade or try one of the great – apparently some of the best in Croatia – seafood restaurants in Volosko, a fishermen’s village. There will be a farewell party on board, a perfect end to a perfect holiday.
After enjoying your final breakfast on board, your Croatia sailing holiday comes to an end. You’ll disembark with an air of relaxation and head full of memories.
One Way Mini Cruises on This Route
- 2 night cruises from Opatija to Zadar departing every Saturday.
- 5 night cruises from Zadar to Opatija departing every Monday.
|Departures||Below Deck / Main Deck|
|13 Apr to 27 Apr / 28 Sept to 12 Oct||£595 / £625|
|4 May to 25 May||£645 / £680|
|1 June to 8 June / 21 Sept||£675 / £735|
|15 June / 31 Aug to 14 Sept||£760 / £815|
|22 June / 17 Aug to 24 Aug||£815 / £865|
|29 June to 10 Aug||£835 / £895|
- Departures are on Saturdays from Opatija. Check in from 11am to 12pm.
- Prices are per person sharing a double cabin
- Prices include 7 nights / 8 days half board accommodation.
- Port Fees and Visitors’ Tax aren’t included. Paid on the spot. EUR 40 pp per week.
- Guided tour of Zadar is included in the price.
- Single supplement 50% extra (subject to availability)
- Check out the Boat Features tab for more info about cabins.
- Flights aren’t included (can be arranged on request).
- 5 night cruises from Zadar to Opatija departing every Monday.
90% of the weekly tour price listed above.
Our A+ category boats are newly built. They offer plenty of deck space and an indoor saloon area for you comfort. Cabins are spacious and come with an en-suite bathroom and air-conditioning. A+ boats consist of a mixture of double bed and twin bed cabins.
A category boats are for those who’d like to try the authentic Croatian sailing experience. These vintage wooden boats offer spacious cabins with an en-suite bathroom.
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115 pp per week, min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16 pp per week – includes a drink with lunch – a glass of wine, a beer or a soft drink
- Water supplement: EUR 20 pp per week – includes 1,5 l. of water pp per day – to be paid on the spot
- English Breakfast supplement: EUR 40 pp per week – includes 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms or fruit & yoghurt or similar. Regular continental breakfast included in the cruise price includes: coffee, tea, milk, juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads – butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; and daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc. (hot & cold breakfast included on A+ ships)
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25 – choice of fish or meat dish – ship’s speciality served (included in price on A+ vessels)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100 per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A & A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use for the week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3 & beach towels for EUR 5 per week.
- Daily cabin cleaning: EUR 15 per person per week – included in the price for A+ vessels – not provided on A and B category ships but can be ordered in advance;
- Parking can be arrranged from EUR 10 daily
- Airport transfers: Various airport possibilities (Rijeka, Pula, Zagreb, Trieste, Ljubljana, Venice) – price on request; FREE OF CHARGE local transfers for Kvarner Bay route (from Opatija hotels to Opatija port)
- Available on request – private accommodation, villas, hotels…
- Ferry Tickets: Cabins, seats or deck, available for coastal & international ferry connections
PLITVICE LAKES – EUR 50 per person
Visit the turquoise coloured Plitvice Lakes. With grand waterfalls connecting them, Plivtice Lakes are surrounded by forests. This UNESCO site is one of the most beautiful national parks in Croatia. The one day tour starts early morning and you get back on time for dinner. The price includes coach transfer, entrance to the park, guide, a boat and a train ride in the park. We recommend comfy shoes.
VENICE – EUR 70 per person
Visit Venice, the city of canals. Stroll along the canals in a romantic gondola, enjoy a Bellini at the famous St. Marks square and simply live the Venice dream. Departure is from Opatija in the early morning for a 3 hour ship journey to Venice either from Rovinj or Poreč.The price includes coach and boat ride as well as the the guided sightseeing tour in Venice. Passport required.
KRK ISLAND – EUR 25 per person
Visit the unique “Nada” winery in the town of Vrbnik which lies on a cliff above the sea in the famous wine region known for its wine sort Žlahtina grown only on this island. Transfer to the winery for a presentation and tasting of the Žlahtina along with ham, cheese, olives & bread). Min 2 pax required.
WAKEBOARDING & WATERSKIING ON KRK ISLAND – from EUR 14 to EUR 40 per person
Up for an adrenaline rush? Try wakeboarding at state of the art Wakeboard centre in Krk. Skis, kneeboards and brief training is included in the price. It’s possible to rent beginner or pro wakeboards, wake skates, wetsuits and helmets. Transfer is not included.
WHEEL DRIVE ADVENTURE ON ISLAND CRES AND TO UČKA MOUNTAIN (Price on request)
Enjoy the great views of the Krk and Cres Islands. More info on request.
OPTIONAL SIGHTSEEING TOURS (min 10 pax required):
Sightseeing tours in Opatija, Krk, Rab, Zadar – EUR 10,- pp per tour; 10% discount applicable on 3 or more tours booked in advance; A+ ships have Zadar tour included in the price.
Would you like to add a few more days to your holiday and discover Croatia on land as well as sea? In Croatia there are no limits. From culture and history to nature and nightlife. Extend your holiday and stay in one of our great selection of hotels to explore this magnificent country further. Let us know and we will find the most suitable hotel for your taste.
- £150 prepayment is required for reservation.
- The remaining balance is to be paid 10 weeks prior to the tour date.
- In case of bad weather or sea conditions, for the safety and comfort of guests, your captain reserves the right to change routes entirely or partially.
- Gulet Escapes reserves the right to cancel departures if the minimum number of bookings haven’t been made. Gulet Escapes also reserves the right to change the ship name if necessary.
- The guests who are found to be behaving improperly and distressing others will be asked to disembark.
- Check cancellation policy and all the other terms and conditions.
Please note: Due to port availabilities, at some ports tour ships are moored side by side which makes it necessary for our guests to cross from one ship to another at their own risk to reach the port and when they return to the ship. Please take extra care and ask for assistance from crew.